Everyone who cooks, knows how important it is to have a slow cooker, on those days that you are too tired, too busy and you are not able to watch over a pot. You can cook while at home relaxing as well as while working running errands, whatever. This recipe I love to cook because it is a great leftover meal.
- 1 (6lb. roast pork)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tsp. all-purpose seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp all spice
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 3 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves ( minced)
- 1 hot pepper ( chopped ) I use scotch bonnet
- 2 green onions chopped
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar ( 3 and 1)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp. butter
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together except for the brown sugar.
- In a second bowl,combine all the wet ingredients, with thyme,green onions and brown sugar and minced garlic . minus the water.
- Wash meat in lemon juice, If the fat side has too much fat, trim some off but not all of it. Pour a portion of rub on both sides of pork loin and rub real well , then pour liquid mixture over pork loin.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours. Make about 3 long deep slices into the pork loin on the fat side. Place pork loin in slow cooker, fat side up. Add the butter and water, cover and cook on high for 8-10 hours. I served this with white rice and black beans .