I never make meatloaf without thinking of leftovers, Because on Monday this momma will not be cooking, I have to work on my home based business on Mondays without thinking about cooking. And the children oh so leftover meatloaf, they do all sorts of stuff with the left over. They sometimes make spaghetti, or burgers or like my oldest like to say grill cheese with meat loaf.
- 3 lbs ground beef (90/10)
- 2 lbs lean ground pork
- ½ (14.5) oz can of Hunts fire roasted tomatoes with garlic ( blend up till it is like tomato sauce.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole wheat club crackers ( grind up in the magic bullet)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 ½ cup Colby and Monterey cheese
INGREDIENTS FOR SAUCE
- 1 cup ketchup
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar,
- 2 tbsp hot sauce of choice
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
In a large bowl add all ingredients and using hands combine all ingredients making sure they are all properly combined. Cover and set aside in the fridge for at least 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350, place season meat in baking pan and formed. Cover and bake for 1 hour .
In the mean time, add all ingredients for sauce and using a whisk mix and combine real well. After one hour remove meat loaf from oven, drain any juices that is in the pan then pour the sauce all over, put back in the oven for 15 minutes uncovered.